1. Set the parking brake and shift the transmission select lever to NEUTRAL.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Lower the side windows.
4. Pull down the sunvisors.
5. Remove all objects on the spare tire cover when lowering the convertible top, otherwise the top or the objects on the spare tire cover could be damaged.
|6. Open both top lock lids. Push the unlock tabs and release top lock levers.|
7. Press and hold the OPEN side of the convertible top control switch until the beeping stops. When the convertible top is lowered about one-third of the way, however, lowering action will stop as a safety check. At this time, release the switch and after making sure operation is safe and normal, you may press the switch once again and complete lowering.|
|8. Fold the roof panel forward as described in the following steps:||
Push and hold the button , then fold the roof panel slowly forward.
9. Cover the convertible top with top boot stored in the trunk. Affix it to the snaps and buttons provided.|
10. To minimize air turbulance inside the passenger compartment, and to improve heating capability in cold weather driving, raise the windblocker located hinged at the spare tire cover behind the seats as described below:|
B. Lift the windblocker to its rearward position.
D. Lean the windblocker against the seatbacks.